Effective from June 12, 2020
At Godrej Infotech Limited (hereinafter referred to as "Godrej"), we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protect your personal data. This Privacy Notice sets out the way in which we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your personal data when you use our website.
You are advised to carefully read the Privacy Notice before using this website.
Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of every other website / digital platform that you visit as we are not responsible for the privacy practices and security of such other websites / platforms.
In general, you can visit this webite without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers collect the domain names, not the e-mail addresses, of visitors. Domain name information that we collect is not used to personally identify you and instead is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our site and to improve the content of our site.
When other information is collected from you, such as your name and e-mail address (Personal Data), we will use it in accordance with the terms of this notice and for the purpose of fulfilling your
1. Collection and use of personal data
- Personal data is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person (including but not limited to name, address, e-mail address, user name, telephone number, age, date of birth,gender, education qualifications, posts and other content you submit to our sites, sensitive information such as information relating to your health life).
- All personal data that we collect about you will be recorded, used, and protected by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and this Privacy Notice. Please note, if you don't choose to provide us with the requested personal data, we may be unable to offer you our products or services in some instances where this data is required.
- In broad terms, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes
- to carry out aggregate market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms
- to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we may send you
- for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us
- When we provide you with products or services we may collect and store any personal data that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and payment card details.
- When you sign up with us for an online account, register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our sponsors and partners), fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal data, we may collect and store any personal data that you provide to us and may use it to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling and market research.
- When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how you use our digital platforms to enable us create better content and more relevant communications:
- How you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
- Your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
- Your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
- What content you like or share
- Which adverts you saw and responded to
- Which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- Your subscription status
- Information collected in any forms you complete
- We may also infer your country of location from the IP address you have used to access our digital platforms and we may analyse which marketing activity led to your taking specific action on our digital platforms.
2. Offers and opportunties from us and our partners
- We want you to be the first to know about new products and services, and occasional offers from our partners. We may share these offers with you only with your prior consent. You can unsubscribe from receiving these offers by emailing us. Please note, if you don't choose to receive this information, we will be unable to keep you informed of new services, products, events or special offers that may interest you and our ability to inform you of ticketing opportunities may be affected.
3. Legitimate processing of information
- We may process your personal information for legitimate interests, including providing you with services and for service improvement purposes.
- It may be deemed necessary to process personal information for the following (but not limited to) purposes of legitimate interests by us or our third parties such as:
- To deliver services in respect to requests raised by you.
- To prevent misuse or fraudulent activities on our platforms.
- To uphold performance of contracts to which the data subject is a part of .
- In interests deemed to protect the vital interest of the data subject.
- In order to maintain compliance with legal obligations to which Godrej is a subject.
- We take special consideration to ensure that the legitimate processing of information do not override the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subjects.
- We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Godrej's products and services.
- Our website does not provide information or any products specifically targeting children. We only provide products and general information in relation to the activities of our company, our history, and our products. If you are under 16, and use our website, you may use it only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We also do not knowingly collect or wish to collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian. However, if you have signed up to receive a product or service we may contact you about this.
5. Who do we share your personal data with?
- We may share the personal information you provide with other companies we have hired to provide services for us. These companies - our vendors - are contractually bound to use personal information we share with them only to perform the services we have hired them to provide. We do not share, sell, or lease personal information about you to any third-parties for their marketing use. We will release information about you if you direct us to do so, if we are required by law to do so, or in other legally limited circumstances (for example, to protect your account from fraud).
6. Transferring your personal data
- We may transfer your personal data to servers located outside the country in which you live or to affiliates or other trusted third parties based in other countries so that they may process personal data on our behalf. By using a Godrej site or otherwise providing Godrej with personal data, you agree to us doing so in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws and regulations. Godrej will ensure to a reasonable extent that anyone processing your personal data outside your country of origin is required to implement measures to protect it and is only entitled to process it in accordance with Godrej's instructions.
7. Retention of personal data
- You are responsible for providing Godrej with accurate and complete personal data. Please notify us of any changes to your personal data. Godrej shall take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept accurate, complete, and current.
- We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
9. Safeguarding your personal data
- We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal data secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal data for us to do the same. Access to your personal data is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis.
10. Your privacy rights and who to contact
- We provide you with reasonable access to view and review your personal data and request correction and deletion where appropriate. In order to protect your privacy, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal data.
- If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal data, then you may contact our Privacy Officer - Mr. Ajai Jain at email@example.com
- You have the right to tell us if you:
- Don't want to be contacted in the future by us;
- Would like a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- Would like to delete your personal data in our records;
- Wish to report any misuse of your personal data; and
- Would like to correct or update your personal data.
- To exercise any of the above listed rights you may contact our Privacy Officer. To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name, address, date of birth and email address.
- If you have subscribed to receive marketing communications, you can unsubscribe by contacting our Privacy Officer.
11. Changes to our privacy notice
- We may change our Privacy Notice from time to time and post the updated version of the same. We encourage you to visit frequently to stay informed about how we use your personal data.
12. Handling privacy concerns
- If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or if you believe that your personal data is not handled in accordance with the applicable law or this notice, then you may contact our Privacy Officer - Mr. Ajai Jain at firstname.lastname@example.org.